This post is mainly a placeholder to provide information about the eBay seller inspirononly who uses the email address email@example.com.
I had the misfortune to encounter ‘Hector Smithers’ after I won an eBay auction on 29th October 2005. Despite the postage details specifying “Royal Mail 1st Class Standard” delivery at a cost of £10, I eventually received the item on 16th November – 16 days after payment.
I initially posted neutral feedback for this individual, but reluctantly had to withdraw it as I received negative feedback in return and I wanted to maintain my 100% feedback record.
Other recent negative feedback comments for inspirononly:
giannis11127 – “Never received the mobile, tryed numerus times to contact, no tracking number…”
stephen333fox – “Poor correspondence. When items finally arrived they were in pieces. Bad show!”
morva666 – “BEWARE paid for item 5/11 recd 1/12,chargd £4.50 post sent it for 47p bad ebayr”
wrinkledone – “Goods were sold in E Bay catogory Royal Doulton but were not – poor quality”
I commend these fine people for sticking to their guns and incurring the inevitable “NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR A NEGATIVE PERSON” reciprocal negative feedback.
What we know about ‘inspirononly’:
- The contact telephone number given to eBay for this person is 01237 477794 and the address is ? Benson Drive, Northam, BIDEFORD, EX39 1UY – although both are unconfirmed and there are no ‘Smithers’ listed on the Electoral Register in that street.
- He or she uses an AOL Internet connection.
- This person is a compulsive liar.
- Although emails come from Hector Smithers, the eBay account is registered in the name of Faye Smithers.
- ‘Hector’ uses the account of Michael Kavanagh <firstname.lastname@example.org> for PayPal transactions.
If you are reading this page as a result of a web search then my advise to you is not to bid on any item inspirononly is attempting to sell. If you have been stung yourself then please add a comment.
UPDATE: inspirononly is no longer registered with eBay. I suppose the low positive feedback score (91.5%) devalued the ID history and perhaps his past finally caught up with him. This is good news if it means that Hector Smithers will refrain from any further auctions, but alas I fear that he/she will just continue with a new ID 😡