Having discovered the Google Notifier for Mac application which checks Gmail email and calendar events without having to open a browser, I wanted to change the default polling interval. This isn’t something that can be changed through a settings menu, so if you want to do the same here’s how:
- Click on the Google Notifier icon in the menu bar
- Press & hold the Option (alt) + Command (cmd) keys, then click on Preferences
- A pop-up Defaults Editor box will appear
- In the Key field type in AutocheckInterval
- In the Value field enter the desired check interval (in minutes)
- Close the Defaults Editor box
Alternatively add or edit the AutocheckInterval string in ~/Library/Preferences/com.google.GmailNotifier.plist using Property List Editor.
Quit all Google Notifiers and restart for the new settings to take effect.